Discover Donation Centers Near You for Convenient Giving at City Thrift!
Do you have unwanted items in your house? Donate to City Thrift’s donation centers in Kansas City! Every little bit counts. The clothes you don’t wear anymore, those pots and pans taking up space in your cabinets…we’ll take them! The proceeds from the items you donate support life-changing programs at City Union Mission and truly make a difference in your community.
Our donation centers in Kansas City have flexible drop-off hours, which are 9 AM – 9 PM Monday-Saturday and 10 am – 8 PM Sunday.
Do you have a large item or more than a car full of donations? Please call 816-222-5081 to schedule a pick-up.
Come see us today to donate clothes and furniture in Kansas City!
We appreciate that you thought of City Thrift and City Union Mission for your donations! City Thrift relies on the generosity of people like you to help support our thrift stores. Your gently used items can help provide food, shelter and other services to the homeless and less fortunate in Kansas City.
LIST OF ACCEPTED ITEMS:
- Household items & small appliances (clean & working order)
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
- Furniture (good condition)
- Home Decor
- Tools & Electronics (flatscreen TV’s, 2 years or newer, working condition only)
- Vacuums & Carpet Cleaners (clean and in working order)
- Collectibles & Antiques
- Linens, Blankets, Towels, Decor Pillows
- Musical Instruments
- Crutches, Canes, Walkers, Shower Chairs, Bed Side Commodes
- Sports and Camping Equipment
- Large Toys
- Ellipticals, Treadmills, Exercise Bikes (10 years or newer)
- BBQ Grills (no propane or damage)
LIST OF NON-ACCEPTED ITEMS:
- Items with mold or mildew
- Furniture with stains, tears, odors or damage
- Mattresses, Box Springs or Bed Pillows
- Baby Cribs
- Car Seats
- In-home Gyms
- Some Electrical Items/Large Appliances
- Items containing gasoline or chemicals
- Safety Recalled Items
- Tube TV’s
- Organs or Pianos
- Hospital Beds
- Medical Supplies (other than noted above)
- Non-Working Electric Wheel Chairs
- Auto Parts, Tires or Batteries
- Window Blinds/Curtain Rods
- Ceiling Fans or Light Fixtures
- Building Materials
- Encyclopedias or Magazines
- Hot Water Tanks
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept every item at our donation centers in Kansas City. As a good steward of City Thrift and City Union Mission, on occasion we must decline donations because of State Health or Safety regulations, unsatisfactory condition, or merchandising reasons. Disposing of these items results in an expense to our charity.
You can always contact your nearest location to find out if your donation is accepted. Helpful Tips on what items to donate and best practices.
Support your community and donate!
It feels great to donate clothes, furniture, and more to our Kansas City locations! You are decluttering, helping the environment and supporting a great cause –
City Union Mission. How do you know when it is time to donate or what to donate? Here are some things to think about during the next season switch or the next time you clean!
- Make sure whatever you are donating works! If it doesn’t, it will cost the charity to dispose of the item instead of helping!
- Wash your items before you donate them. By removing stains, it makes the item more desirable and will sell quicker to help support the charity!
- All items donated are tax-deductible! Be sure to see a cashier for your donation receipt!
Click to find a donation center location in Kansas City or the surrounding communities.